Monday, August 25, 2008

Knock three times....twice on the pipes if the answer is

Well everything is now plumbed-yes we have pipes.   But water is still not connected.  Our progress was slow and limited his weekend as we  had some friends down and decided to relax and not just work.  That said, I took off Friday and cleaned the pigpen, ah I mean cabin up.  How can guys create such a mess and not see it.  Oh well,  at least when I was done you could walk through it.  On Sunday I was moving a table with a paint can on it-BAD DECISION, well you guessed it it fell off, lid came off and about 1/3 gallon of white trim paint went on the new floor.  Never fear-the handy craftsman wet vac to the rescue.  I sucked up all I could and then we wiped up the rest with wet wipes.  Remember we still do not have running water!    Tired loading a picture but the site is having problems.    So other than painting some trim, patching some sheetrock (my least favorite thing to do) , and hanging one piece of beadboard and one sheet of plastic stuff in the bathroom we made little progress.  But hey-we are free labor!   

I finally have figured out how I am going to do the drapes without spending an arm and a leg.  I also found a great deal on craigslist for iron railing that we will use around the deck-if we ever get that far.

Lastly, big score at garage sale this weekend.  Found one of those fold up table with storage for the chairs.  Perfect and only $50 bucks!


No comments: