Saturday, August 9, 2008

I can see clearly now .....


I wish this was about rain. No-but we now have WINDOWS which means the hot box is now a hot box with a breeze-which is great. Which also means I can now look out the window. I ended up stumbling upon these windows at Lowes-they were originally from $200-$300 custom order. Most of them are low e, open from top and bottom and tilt in. Of course, I did not pay anywhere near that-they said they would make me a great deal-well if you never ask you never get-I got half of them for $50 each and the other half for $75. They are perfect. And who ever said size matters-well when you are cutting holes in the wall for windows it does not matter! I lucked out-one was small enough for the bathroom, then there were 2 pairs-used them in the living room/kitchen-ok lets call it a great room-all 300 sq ft of it! Then one last one for the bedroom! Also scored a great deal at Home Depot for exterior door-the one on it looks like it was broken into-would totally creep me out if I was staying there-especially when you know you are surrounded by woods!

You can also see the paint we are using. Oh yes, did I mention how blazing hot it is. I thought I was in Georgia prison system-But I did manage to texture all ceilings and walls, paint all ceilings and most walls and help the guy install the windows. I also manage to pick up 3 bags of trash out of the little place. Guys are just pigs!

No comments: