Sunday, August 17, 2008

The colors that are real, stay with me and you will see....


Ok-one of my favorite parts-the decorating-picking some fabric to make nice soft touches to the place.  So I am going to make very simple curtains-ya know just sew a straight line kind of curtains and some pillows.  The place needs COLOR.  These colors are muted (yet stronger than they look in  the photo)  but they are very calming-which is what we want the Cabin or cottage to be.  So, I may use the striped fabric for the curtains as it will make rooms seem taller.  The other reason is it makes it easy to sew on the straight line!   The more geometric will probably show up on pillows along with the plain fabric.

It all works with the paint color which is great because I sure did not want to repaint.  Maybe I should call it the zen cabin-all you see out the windows is trees-kind of like being in a tree house.

So now-we have many finishing touches-trim remainder of windows, paint and more paint.   We need to find a decent priced plumber this week!   Then for the big work outside-build the deck-Ken and I are going to do it (lets hope the marriage can withstand this tasks!).   Lastly, we need to skirt or finish off the building, oh yes after we do the nasty job on insulating underneath it.    


No comments: